« Home | APRIL 27You must not set the great blessing afar o... » | APRIL 26Brethren, I presume the greater part of yo... » | APRIL 25The more exercises he uses, winter or summ... » | APRIL 24We may likewise observe the depth of the w... » | APRIL 23You have need to be all alive yourselves, ... » | APRIL 22Here were thousands upon thousands, abunda... » | APRIL 21I returned to England in the beginning of ... » | APRIL 20A conversation I had yesterday with Brothe... » | APRIL 19In the ancient Church, when baptism was ad... » | APRIL 18Fortune in only another name for Providenc... »


APRIL 28

Methodism, so called, is the old religion, the religion of the Bible, the religion of the Primitive Church, the religion of the Church of England. This old religion is no other than love, the love of God and of all mankind. … This love is the great medicine of life, the never-failing remedy for all the evils of a disordered world, for all the miseries and vices of men. Wherever this is, there are virtue and happiness going hand in hand.
Sermon at the Foundation of the City Road Chapel


When I devoted to God my ease, my time, my fortune, my life, I did not except my reputation.
Life of Charles Wesley, ii. 283