« Home | JULY 26The Great Salvation is at hand, if you will... » | JULY 25I went to a gentleman who is much troubled ... » | JULY 24A loving word, spoken in faith, shall not f... » | JULY 23I am now, and have been from my youth, a me... » | JULY 22In like manner, if I could not continue uni... » | JULY 21I have spoken the more explicitly upon this... » | JULY 20Keep to the whole Methodist discipline whoe... » | JULY 19Do not rashly tear asunder the sacred ties ... » | JULY 1810. Be punctual. Do everything exactly at... » | JULY 176. Speak evil of no one; else your word es... »


JULY 27

Here therefore my scruples are at an end, and I conceive myself at full liberty, as I violate no order and invade no man’s right, by appointing and sending labourers into the harvest. … And I have prepared a liturgy, little differing from the of the Church of England (I think the best constituted national Church in the world) which I advise all the travelling [sic] preachers to use on the Lord’s Day, in all the congregations, reading the litany only on Wednesdays and Fridays, and praying extempore on all other days. I also advise the elders to administer the Supper of the Lord on every Lord’s Day.

If anyone will point out a more rational and scriptural way of feeding and guiding those poor sheep in the wilderness, I will gladly embrace it.
To American Methodists, 1784


Look up, and receive a fresh supply of grace.
Letter, 2nd March, 1773