« Home | JANUARY 15I am content with whatever entertainment... » | JANUARY 14When you help others, God will help you.... » | JANUARY 13If we see God in all things, and do all ... » | JANUARY 12I myself find more life in the Church pr... » | JANUARY 11A drunkard is a public enemy.A Word to a... » | JANUARY 10The passions have a greater influence up... » | JANUARY 9Observe all the time the greatest exactne... » | JANUARY 8You look inward too much, and upward too ... » | JANUARY 7If ever I should listen to that siren son... » | JANUARY 6Go on, for God is with you.Letter, 22nd O... »


JANUARY 16

It is a great thing to seize and improve the very now.
Letter, 1st September, 1771


I have again and again, with all the plainness I could, declared what our constant doctrines are, whereby we are distinguished only from heathens or nominal Christians, not from any that worship God in spirit and in truth. Our main doctrines, which include all the rest, are three – that of Repentance, of Faith and of Holiness. The first of these we account, as it were, the porch of religion; the next, the door; the third, religion itself.
to Thomas Church, 1746