« Home | FEBRUARY 21My soul has been pained day by day, eve... » | FEBRUARY 20Do a little at a time that you may do m... » | FEBRUARY 19Why is it that not only provisions and ... » | FEBRUARY 18O what mischief may be done by one who ... » | FEBRUARY 17Give Him your heart and it sufficeth.Le... » | FEBRUARY 16You cannot live on what God did yesterd... » | FEBRUARY 15Duty is all I consider. Trouble and re... » | FEBRUARY 14Do not encourage young raw men to exhor... » | FEBRUARY 13This religion we long to see establishe... » | FEBRUARY 12 You have need continually to be a... »


FEBRUARY 22

Is there no man that careth for these souls? Doubtless there are some who ought to do so. But many of these, if I am rightly informed, receive large pay and just do nothing.

I would to God it were in my power in any degree to supply their lack of service. I am ready to do what in me lies to call these poor sinners to repentance, once or twice a day (while I remain in these parts), at any hour or at any place. And I desire no pay at all for doing this, unless what my Lord shall give me at His appearing …

If it were objected that I should only fill their heads with peculiar whims and notions, that might easily be known. Only let the officers hear with their own ears; and they may judge whether I do not preach the plain principles of manly, rational religion.
to the Mayor of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, 1745