« Home | JANUARY 16It is a great thing to seize and improve... » | JANUARY 15I am content with whatever entertainment... » | JANUARY 14When you help others, God will help you.... » | JANUARY 13If we see God in all things, and do all ... » | JANUARY 12I myself find more life in the Church pr... » | JANUARY 11A drunkard is a public enemy.A Word to a... » | JANUARY 10The passions have a greater influence up... » | JANUARY 9Observe all the time the greatest exactne... » | JANUARY 8You look inward too much, and upward too ... » | JANUARY 7If ever I should listen to that siren son... »


JANUARY 17

But it was not long before the stewards found a great difficulty with regard to the sick. … When I was apprised of this, I laid the case at large before the whole Society; showed how impossible it was for the stewards to attend all that were sick in all parts of the town; desired the leaders of classes would more carefully enquire, and more constantly inform them, who were sick; and asked, ‘Who among you is willing as well as able to supply this lack of service?’

The next morning many willingly offered themselves. I chose six and forty of them, divided the town into twenty-three parts, and desired two of them to visit the sick in each division.
to the Reverend Vincent Perronnet, 1748


Do all you can for so good a Master.
Letter, 31st July, 1784