« Home | JUNE 14A true Protestant believes in God, has a fu... » | JUNE 13When I had lived upwards of thirty years, I... » | JUNE 12I allow that what is commonly called a reli... » | JUNE 11I have often thought of saying of Dr. Haywa... » | JUNE 10Do as much today as you can do without hurt... » | JUNE 9You are no more at liberty to throw away you... » | JUNE 8It is mere groundless imagination that I lov... » | JUNE 7There is a reward for bearing as well as doi... » | JUNE 6Labour to be serious, earnest, edifying in y... » | JUNE 5Stir yourself up before the Lord! Pray that... »


JUNE 15

In the evening I went to a Society in Wapping, weary in body and faint in spirit. I intended to speak on Romans 3:19, but could not tell how to open my mouth; and, all the time we were singing, my mind was full of some place, I knew not where, in the Epistle to the Hebrews. I begged God to direct, and opened the book on Hebrews 10:19: “Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which He hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, His flesh, – let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.”
Journal, 15th June, 1739


This is the work which I know God has called me to; and sure I am that His blessing attends it.
Journal, 11th June, 1739