« Home | JUNE 4Walk in the narrowest path of the narrow way... » | JUNE 3You believe there is such a thing as light, ... » | JUNE 2I dare not insist on anyone’s using the word... » | JUNE 1Of all preaching, what is usually called Gos... » | MAY 31The Lord reigneth and disposes all things, s... » | MAY 30What was their fundamental doctrine? That t... » | MAY 29In November, a large building, the Foundery ... » | MAY 28Still I insist, the fact (of the Trinity) yo... » | MAY 27The knowledge of the Three-One-God is interw... » | MAY 26Yet the enemy injected a fear: “If thou dost... »


JUNE 5

Stir yourself up before the Lord! Pray that you may be all alive.
Letter, 10th August, 1779


1. I always use a short, private prayer when I attend the service of God …
2. I stand whenever I sing the praise of God in public. …
3. I always kneel before the Lord my Maker when I pray in public.
4. I generally in public use the Lord’s Prayer, because Christ has taught me, when I pray, to say: Our Father.

I advise every preacher connected with me, herein to tread in my steps.
Journal, 5th June, 1766