« Home | MAY 29In November, a large building, the Foundery ... » | MAY 28Still I insist, the fact (of the Trinity) yo... » | MAY 27The knowledge of the Three-One-God is interw... » | MAY 26Yet the enemy injected a fear: “If thou dost... » | MAY 25The moment I awakened, “Jesus, Master,” was ... » | MAY 24In the evening I went very unwillingly to a ... » | MAY 23In this refined way of trusting to my own wo... » | MAY 22Look up, and wait for happy days!Letter, 26t... » | MAY 21Whenever the Holy Ghost teaches, there is no... » | MAY 20I received the surprising news that my broth... »


MAY 30

What was their fundamental doctrine? That the Bible is the whole and sole rule both of Christian faith and practice. Hence they learned, I. That religion is an inward principle; that it is none other than the mind that was in Christ; or, in other words, the renewal of the soul after the image of God, in righteousness and true holiness; 2. That this can never be wrought in us, but by the power of the Holy Ghost, 3. That we receive this and every other blessing, merely for the sake of Christ; and, 4. That whosoever hath the mind that was in Christ, the same is our brother and sister and mother.
Thoughts Upon Methodism


Chance has no share in the government of the world.
Letter, 11th February, 1779