« Home | MAY 24In the evening I went very unwillingly to a ... » | MAY 23In this refined way of trusting to my own wo... » | MAY 22Look up, and wait for happy days!Letter, 26t... » | MAY 21Whenever the Holy Ghost teaches, there is no... » | MAY 20I received the surprising news that my broth... » | MAY 19Loyalty in with me an essential branch of re... » | MAY 18Work your work betimes; and in His time He w... » | MAY 17The more labour, the more blessing.Letter, 9... » | MAY 16Thou poor sinner, stay not to be any better,... » | MAY 15Exhort all the believers, strongly and expli... »


MAY 25

The moment I awakened, “Jesus, Master,” was in my heart, and in my mouth; and I found all my strength lay in keeping my eye fixed on Him, and my soul waiting on Him continually. Being again at St. Paul’s in the afternoon, I could taste the good word of God in the anthem: “My song shall be always of the lovingkindness of the Lord; with my mouth will I ever be showing forth Thy truth from one generation to another.”

. . . . . . . . . .

All these days I scarce remember to have opened the Testament but upon some great and precious promise. And I saw more than ever, that the Gospel is in truth but one great promise from the beginning of it to the end.
Journal, 25th May, 1738