« Home | MAY 14Find preachers of David Brainerds spirit, an... » | MAY 13Expect from Him, not what you deserve, but w... » | MAY 12You are all, I hope, pressing on to the mark... » | MAY 11I have often repented of judging too severel... » | MAY 10All the blessings which God hath bestowed up... » | MAY 9Why have you not set on foot a weekly subscri... » | MAY 8No preacher is to preach three times in a day... » | MAY 7If you do build, take care to have windows en... » | MAY 6Your preaching frequently will be no hindranc... » | MAY 5Keep close to your rule, the Word of God, and... »


MAY 15

Exhort all the believers, strongly and explicitly, to go on to perfection; and to expect every blessing God has promised, not tomorrow, but today!
Letter, 7th March, 1779


My mother never would suffer one of her children to go to a dancing-school. But she had a dancing-master to come to her house who taught all of us what was sufficient in her presence. To this I have no objection. If I had convenience, I would be glad to have all our preachers taught, even by a dancing-master, to make a bow and to go in and out of a room.
to James Barry, 1773


Of playing at cards, I say the same as of seeing plays, I could not do it with a clear conscience. But I am not obliged to pass any sentence on those that are otherwise minded.
The More Excellent Way