« Home | JUNE 3You believe there is such a thing as light, ... » | JUNE 2I dare not insist on anyone’s using the word... » | JUNE 1Of all preaching, what is usually called Gos... » | MAY 31The Lord reigneth and disposes all things, s... » | MAY 30What was their fundamental doctrine? That t... » | MAY 29In November, a large building, the Foundery ... » | MAY 28Still I insist, the fact (of the Trinity) yo... » | MAY 27The knowledge of the Three-One-God is interw... » | MAY 26Yet the enemy injected a fear: “If thou dost... » | MAY 25The moment I awakened, “Jesus, Master,” was ... »


JUNE 4

Walk in the narrowest path of the narrow way, and the Spirit of Glory and of Christ shall rest upon you.
Letter, 12th August, 1774


Loyalty is with me an essential branch of religion, and which I am sorry any Methodist should forget. There is the closest connexion [sic], therefore, between my religious and my political conduct. The selfsame authority enjoining me to fear God and to honour the King.
to Elizabeth Ritchie, 1779


The supposition that the people are the origin of power is every way indefensible.
Thoughts Concerning the Origin of Power


You will never see yourself aright, till He light His candle in your breast.
Works, IX: 464