« Home | MAY 30What was their fundamental doctrine? That t... » | MAY 29In November, a large building, the Foundery ... » | MAY 28Still I insist, the fact (of the Trinity) yo... » | MAY 27The knowledge of the Three-One-God is interw... » | MAY 26Yet the enemy injected a fear: “If thou dost... » | MAY 25The moment I awakened, “Jesus, Master,” was ... » | MAY 24In the evening I went very unwillingly to a ... » | MAY 23In this refined way of trusting to my own wo... » | MAY 22Look up, and wait for happy days!Letter, 26t... » | MAY 21Whenever the Holy Ghost teaches, there is no... »


MAY 31

The Lord reigneth and disposes all things, strongly and sweetly, for the good of them that love Him.
Letter, 11th February, 1779


Who was the occasion of the Methodist preachers first setting foot in Leeds? William Shent.

Who was it that invited me and received me when I came? William Shent.

Who was it that stood by me while I preached in the street with stones flying on every side? William Shent.

Who was it that bore the storm of persecution for the whole town and stemmed it at the peril of his life? William Shent.

Whose word did God bless for many years in an eminent manner? William Shent’s.

Who is he that is ready to be broken up and turned into the street? William Shent.

And does nobody care for this? William Shent fell into sin and was publicly expelled the Society; but must he also be starved? … Where is gratitude? Where is compassion? Where is Christianity? Where is humanity? … Let us set him on his feet once more.
to the Society at Keighley, 1779