« Home | JUNE 2I dare not insist on anyone’s using the word... » | JUNE 1Of all preaching, what is usually called Gos... » | MAY 31The Lord reigneth and disposes all things, s... » | MAY 30What was their fundamental doctrine? That t... » | MAY 29In November, a large building, the Foundery ... » | MAY 28Still I insist, the fact (of the Trinity) yo... » | MAY 27The knowledge of the Three-One-God is interw... » | MAY 26Yet the enemy injected a fear: “If thou dost... » | MAY 25The moment I awakened, “Jesus, Master,” was ... » | MAY 24In the evening I went very unwillingly to a ... »


JUNE 3

You believe there is such a thing as light, whether flowing from the sun or any other luminous body. But you cannot comprehend either its nature or the manner wherein it flows. How does it move from Jupiter to the earth in eight minutes, two hundred thousand miles in a moment? How do the rays of the candle brought into the room instantly disperse into every corner? Here are three candles, yet there is but one light. Explain this, and I will explain the Three-One God.

The knowledge of the Three-One God is interwoven with all true Christian faith, with all vital religion.
The Trinity


I care not for labour, but I want time.
Letter, 23rd October, 1779