« Home | JUNE 1Of all preaching, what is usually called Gos... » | MAY 31The Lord reigneth and disposes all things, s... » | MAY 30What was their fundamental doctrine? That t... » | MAY 29In November, a large building, the Foundery ... » | MAY 28Still I insist, the fact (of the Trinity) yo... » | MAY 27The knowledge of the Three-One-God is interw... » | MAY 26Yet the enemy injected a fear: “If thou dost... » | MAY 25The moment I awakened, “Jesus, Master,” was ... » | MAY 24In the evening I went very unwillingly to a ... » | MAY 23In this refined way of trusting to my own wo... »


JUNE 2

I dare not insist on anyone’s using the word Trinity or Person. I use them myself without any scruple because I know of none better. But if any man has any scruple concerning them, who shall constrain him to use them? I cannot; much less would I burn a man alive, and that with moist green wood, for saying: “Though I believe the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God, yet I scruple using the words Trinity and Person because I do not find those terms in the Bible.” … I would insist only on the direct words unexplained, just as they lie in the text: “There are Three that bear record in Heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these Three are One.”
The Trinity


And if you use the whole power which is then given, He will not only continue that power, but increase it day by day.
Letter, 3rd June, 1774