« Home | JUNE 7There is a reward for bearing as well as doi... » | JUNE 6Labour to be serious, earnest, edifying in y... » | JUNE 5Stir yourself up before the Lord! Pray that... » | JUNE 4Walk in the narrowest path of the narrow way... » | JUNE 3You believe there is such a thing as light, ... » | JUNE 2I dare not insist on anyone’s using the word... » | JUNE 1Of all preaching, what is usually called Gos... » | MAY 31The Lord reigneth and disposes all things, s... » | MAY 30What was their fundamental doctrine? That t... » | MAY 29In November, a large building, the Foundery ... »


JUNE 8

It is mere groundless imagination that I love persons less for their plain dealing.
Letter, 1st November, 1779


Peter Jaco would willingly travel. But how? Can you help us to a horse that would carry him and his wife? What a pity we could not procure a camel or elephant!
to Christopher Hopper, 1773


I must be on horseback for life, if I would be healthy. Now and then indeed, if I could afford it, I should rest myself for fifty miles in a chaise; but without riding near as much as I do now, I must never look for health.
to Ebenezer Blackwell, 1764