« Home | JUNE 15In the evening I went to a Society in Wappi... » | JUNE 14A true Protestant believes in God, has a fu... » | JUNE 13When I had lived upwards of thirty years, I... » | JUNE 12I allow that what is commonly called a reli... » | JUNE 11I have often thought of saying of Dr. Haywa... » | JUNE 10Do as much today as you can do without hurt... » | JUNE 9You are no more at liberty to throw away you... » | JUNE 8It is mere groundless imagination that I lov... » | JUNE 7There is a reward for bearing as well as doi... » | JUNE 6Labour to be serious, earnest, edifying in y... »


JUNE 16

I impose my opinions on none. … I make no opinion the term of union with any man; I think and let think. What I want is holiness of heart and life.

. . . . . . . . .

I desire to have a league offensive and defensive, with every soldier of Christ. We have not only one faith, one hope, one Lord, but are directly engaged in one warfare. We are carrying the war into the devil’s own quarters, who therefore summons all his hosts to war. Come then, ye that love Him, to the help of the Lord against the mighty!
to the Rev. J. Venn, 1763


You work for a generous Master. Fight on and conquer all.
Works, xii. 395; Letter, 16th December, 1772