« Home | JULY 28By this time I should be some judge of man;... » | JULY 27Here therefore my scruples are at an end, a... » | JULY 27Here therefore my scruples are at an end, a... » | JULY 26The Great Salvation is at hand, if you will... » | JULY 25I went to a gentleman who is much troubled ... » | JULY 24A loving word, spoken in faith, shall not f... » | JULY 23I am now, and have been from my youth, a me... » | JULY 22In like manner, if I could not continue uni... » | JULY 21I have spoken the more explicitly upon this... » | JULY 20Keep to the whole Methodist discipline whoe... »


JULY 29

The Service of the Roman Church is everywhere performed in the Latin tongue, which is nowhere vulgarly understood … This irrational and unscriptural practice destroys the great end of public worship.

. . . . . . . . . .

Scripture and antiquity are flatly against transubstantiation. And so are our very senses.
Popery Calmly Considered


The Church of Rome does not scruple to impose upon the consciences of men, in the doctrine of the Mass, various traditions, that have no authority in holy writ.
The Advantage of the Church of England


The Methodists must take heed to their doctrine, their experience, their practice, and their discipline.
to Robert Miller, 1783