« Home | JUNE 19This is my answer to them that trouble me, ... » | JUNE 18I advise you: (1) be electrified (if need b... » | JUNE 17I am glad you come a little nearer the good... » | JUNE 16I impose my opinions on none. … I make no o... » | JUNE 15In the evening I went to a Society in Wappi... » | JUNE 14A true Protestant believes in God, has a fu... » | JUNE 13When I had lived upwards of thirty years, I... » | JUNE 12I allow that what is commonly called a reli... » | JUNE 11I have often thought of saying of Dr. Haywa... » | JUNE 10Do as much today as you can do without hurt... »


JUNE 20

It is a stated rule in interpreting Scripture, never to depart from the plain, literal sense, unless it applies an absurdity.
The Church


There are two general ways wherein it pleases God to lead His children to perfection: Doing and Suffering. And let Him take one or the other, we are assured His way is best.
Letter, 17th February, 1774