« Home | JANUARY 20To each of those of whose seriousness an... » | JANUARY 19I gave notice of this* to the Society; t... » | JANUARY 18As long as you feel your own weakness an... » | JANUARY 17But it was not long before the stewards ... » | JANUARY 16It is a great thing to seize and improve... » | JANUARY 15I am content with whatever entertainment... » | JANUARY 14When you help others, God will help you.... » | JANUARY 13If we see God in all things, and do all ... » | JANUARY 12I myself find more life in the Church pr... » | JANUARY 11A drunkard is a public enemy.A Word to a... »


JANUARY 21

If he has bad tempers, he is no more a good man than the devil is a good angel.
Journal, 16th May, 1784


I go to Church whether the minister is good or bad, and advise others so to do.
to James Rea, 1766


Unstable Methodists will always be subject to the temptation of sermon-hunting.
to Thomas Taylor, 1791


‘Are you going to hear Mr. Wesley?’ said a friend to Mr. Blackwell. ‘No,’ he answered; ‘I am going to hear God. I listen to Him, whoever preaches, otherwise I lose all my labour.’
to Miss March, 1776