« Home | FEBRUARY 29How necessary for everyone to be on the... » | FEBRUARY 28God grant I may never live to be useles... » | FEBRUARY 27I did my best; if I did wrong, it was n... » | FEBRUARY 26I have often thought of you as possessi... » | FEBRUARY 25You need not be reminded that there is ... » | FEBRUARY 24I do only one thing at a time, and I do... » | FEBRUARY 23If it be objected: “This conscience wil... » | FEBRUARY 22Is there no man that careth for these s... » | FEBRUARY 21My soul has been pained day by day, eve... » | FEBRUARY 20Do a little at a time that you may do m... »



MARCH 1

The best of all is, God is with us!
Deathbed saying


I can truly say I neither fear nor desire anything from your Lordship; to speak a rough truth, I do not desire any intercourse with any persons of quality in England. I mean, for my own sake; they do me no good, and I fear I can do none for them. …

Were I not afraid of giving your Lordship pain, I would speak yet still further. Methinks you desire I should; that is, to tell you, once for all, every thought that rises in my heart. I will then. At present I do not want you, but I really thin you want me. For have you a person in all England who speaks to your Lordship so plain and downright as I do? Who remembers not the peer but the man, not the earl but the immortal spirit?
to the Earl of Dartmouth, 1764