« Home | MARCH 17I know, were I myself to preach one whole ... » | MARCH 16Are all our preachers merciful to their be... » | MARCH 15When our mind is hurried, it is hardly pos... » | MARCH 14Sometimes I cannot do good to others becau... » | MARCH 13It is a constant rule with us that no prea... » | MARCH 12You are to cure Robert Swanson of preachin... » | MARCH 11I really hope the Sunday Schools will be p... » | MARCH 10I long to have you more and more deeply pe... » | MARCH 9I go calmly and quietly on my way doing wha... » | MARCH 8Today only is yours. Look up, and He will ... »


MARCH 18

As Satan turned the heart of man, from the Creator to the creature; so the Son of God turns his heart back again, from the creature to the Creator.

He entrusts us with only an exceeding small share of knowledge in our present state, lest our knowledge should interfere with our humility, and we should again affect to be as gods.

Here then, we see in the clearest, strongest light, what is real religion: a restoration of man, by Christ, not only to the favour, but likewise to the image of God.
The End of Christ’s Coming


One great office of prayer is to increase our desire of the things we ask for.
Notes on the New Testament, Matthew 6:8