« Home | JULY 31We grant confession to men to be, in many c... » | JULY 30Is not Rome the mother of all Churches? We... » | JULY 29The Service of the Roman Church is everywhe... » | JULY 28By this time I should be some judge of man;... » | JULY 27Here therefore my scruples are at an end, a... » | JULY 27Here therefore my scruples are at an end, a... » | JULY 26The Great Salvation is at hand, if you will... » | JULY 25I went to a gentleman who is much troubled ... » | JULY 24A loving word, spoken in faith, shall not f... » | JULY 23I am now, and have been from my youth, a me... »


AUGUST 1

The greatest abuse of all in the Lord’s Supper is the worshipping the consecrated bread. And this the Church of Rome not only practices, but positively enjoins.

. . . . . . . . . .

A more dangerous error in the Church of Rome is the forbidding the clergy to marry. … The Apostle, on the contrary, says: “Marriage is honourable in all.”

. . . . . . . . . .

Lastly, what can more directly tend to destroy truth from off the earth, than the doctrine of the Church of Rome that “no faith is to be kept with heretics”?
Popery Calmly Considered


I believe the merciful God regards the lives and tempers of men more than their ideas. I believe He respects the goodness of the heart more than the clearness of the head.
Works, vii. 354