« Home | AUGUST 12This doctrine* is the grand depositum whi... » | AUGUST 11Why are we more nervous than our forefath... » | AUGUST 101. Our design is, with God’s assistance,... » | AUGUST 9Here was my first irregularity, and it was... » | AUGUST 8From a child I was taught to love and reve... » | AUGUST 7When I have an opportunity of doing good, ... » | AUGUST 6As to my own judgment, I still believe the... » | AUGUST 5We honour the blessed Virgin as the Mother... » | AUGUST 4It is a known principle of the Church of E... » | AUGUST 3My dear Friend, Consider, I am not persuad... »


AUGUST 13

At all times it is of use to have a Friend to whom you can pour out your heart without any disguise or reserve.
Letter, 12th November, 1776


Abstain from all spirituous liquors. Touch them not on any pretence whatever.
. . . . . . . . . .

Every day of your life take at least an hour’s exercise … If you can, take it in the open air.
. . . . . . . . . .

Sleep early and rise early, unless you are ill.
. . . . . . . . . .

Beware of anger! Beware of worldly sorrow! Beware of the fear that hath torment! Beware of foolish and hurtful desires! Beware of inordinate affection! Remember the command: “My son, give me thy heart!”
Thoughts on Nervous Disorders