« Home | AUGUST 7When I have an opportunity of doing good, ... » | AUGUST 6As to my own judgment, I still believe the... » | AUGUST 5We honour the blessed Virgin as the Mother... » | AUGUST 4It is a known principle of the Church of E... » | AUGUST 3My dear Friend, Consider, I am not persuad... » | AUGUST 2An evil practice is the depriving the lait... » | AUGUST 1The greatest abuse of all in the Lord’s Su... » | JULY 31We grant confession to men to be, in many c... » | JULY 30Is not Rome the mother of all Churches? We... » | JULY 29The Service of the Roman Church is everywhe... »


AUGUST 9

Here was my first irregularity, and it was not voluntary but constrained. The second was extemporary prayer. This likewise I believed to be my bounden duty, for the sake of those who desired to watch over their souls. I could not in conscience refrain from it.

When the people joined together, simply to help each other to heaven, increased by hundreds and thousands, still they had no more thought of leaving the Church than of leaving the kingdom. Nay, I continually and earnestly cautioned them against it; reminding them that we were a part of the Church of England.
Separation from the Church


There are no Methodists that will bear no restraints. Explain this at large to the Society.
Works, xiii. 164