« Home | JANUARY 30Your calling is not only to do good, but... » | JANUARY 29This world never made anyone happy; and ... » | JANUARY 28When I had been a member of the Universi... » | JANUARY 27If you imitate any writer, let it be Sou... » | JANUARY 26Love supplies all the essentials of good... » | JANUARY 25I am sick of opinions; I am weary to bea... » | JANUARY 24What is as clear to me as the sun at noo... » | JANUARY 23I love truth wherever I find it.Letter, ... » | JANUARY 22A calm, even spirit goes through rough w... » | JANUARY 21If he has bad tempers, he is no more a g... »


JANUARY 31

Go steadily and quietly on in the way wherein Providence leads you, and in every temptation He by His Spirit will clear a way for you to escape.
to Sarah Mallett, 1788


Proceed with much prayer, and your way will be made plain.
to Ellen Gretton, 1782


Pray as you can, though you are ever so cold or dead.
to Mary Yeoman, 1769


If you would please men, please God.
Works, vii. 146