« Home | APRIL 9I do not wonder that all the trials you fee... » | APRIL 8Be zealous and active for a good Master, an... » | APRIL 7I must act by my own conscience, not yours.... » | APRIL 6I take nothing ill that was meant well.Lett... » | APRIL 5O praise God for all you have; and trust Hi... » | APRIL 4I seek two things in this world – truth and... » | APRIL 3God says to you as well as to me, “Do all t... » | APRIL 2I submitted to be more vile, and proclaimed... » | APRIL 1Can anything but love beget love?Works, vi.... » | MARCH 31Money never stays with me: it would burn i... »


APRIL 10

His grace is sufficient to keep you in, and to deliver you out of, all temptations.
Letter, 14th January, 1780


But what is the rule whereby men are to judge of right or wrong? Whereby their conscience is to be directed? … The Christian rule of right and wrong is the Word of God, the writings of the Old and New Testament. … This is a lantern unto the Christian’s feet, and a light in all his paths. This alone he receives as his rule of right or wrong, of whatever is really good or evil. He esteems nothing good but what is here enjoined, either directly or by plain consequence; he accounts nothing evil but what is here forbidden, either in terms or by undeniable inference.
The Witness of the Spirit (III)