« Home | APRIL 5O praise God for all you have; and trust Hi... » | APRIL 4I seek two things in this world – truth and... » | APRIL 3God says to you as well as to me, “Do all t... » | APRIL 2I submitted to be more vile, and proclaimed... » | APRIL 1Can anything but love beget love?Works, vi.... » | MARCH 31Money never stays with me: it would burn i... » | MARCH 30Nothing in the Christian system is of grea... » | MARCH 29Go on to universal self-denial, to tempera... » | MARCH 28Meantime, bear your cross, and it will bea... » | MARCH 27I am no politician; politics lie quite out... »


APRIL 6

I take nothing ill that was meant well.
Letter, 7th March, 1780


It is hard to find words in the language of men to explain the deep things of God. Indeed, there are none that will adequately express what the children of God experience. But perhaps one might say the testimony of the Spirit is an inward impression on the soul, whereby the Spirit of God directly witnesses to my spirit, that I am a child of God; that Jesus Christ hath loved me and given Himself for me; and that all my sins are blotted out, and I, even I, am reconciled to God.
The Witness of the Spirit (I)