« Home | JUNE 26You are encompassed with ten thousand merci... » | JUNE 25Beware of indulging gloomy thoughts: they a... » | JUNE 24I abhor the thought of giving to twenty men... » | JUNE 23As long as I live the people shall have no ... » | JUNE 22I must declare what I find in the Book. Jou... » | JUNE 21I have sometimes thought you are a little l... » | JUNE 20It is a stated rule in interpreting Scriptu... » | JUNE 19This is my answer to them that trouble me, ... » | JUNE 18I advise you: (1) be electrified (if need b... » | JUNE 17I am glad you come a little nearer the good... »


JUNE 27

Nothing but the mighty power of God can enable him (John Howard) to go through his difficult and dangerous employments. But what can hurt us, if God is on our side?
Journal, 28th June, 1787


Without putting on spectacles (which, blessed be God, I do not wear) I can read a little Latin still.
Freeman’s Journal, 1780


I can face the north wind at seventy-seven better than I could at seven and twenty.
to Samuel Bradburn, 1781


This is the last day of my seventy-eighth year; and (such is the power of God) I fell as if it were my twenty-eighth.
to Charles Wesley, 1781


I am half blind and half lame; but by the help of God I creep on still.
to Thomas Greathead, 1791