« Home | AUGUST 14Surely the people of this place* were hig... » | AUGUST 13At all times it is of use to have a Frien... » | AUGUST 12This doctrine* is the grand depositum whi... » | AUGUST 11Why are we more nervous than our forefath... » | AUGUST 101. Our design is, with God’s assistance,... » | AUGUST 9Here was my first irregularity, and it was... » | AUGUST 8From a child I was taught to love and reve... » | AUGUST 7When I have an opportunity of doing good, ... » | AUGUST 6As to my own judgment, I still believe the... » | AUGUST 5We honour the blessed Virgin as the Mother... »


AUGUST 15

When I can learn nothing else, I like to learn the names of houses and villages as I pass them.
The Life of John Wesley by John Telford, p.272


You were never in your lives in so critical a situation as you are at this time. It is your part to be peacemakers, to be loving and tender to all, but to addict yourselves to no party. In spite of all solicitations, of rough or smooth words, say not one word against one or the other side. Keep yourselves pure, do all you can to help and soften all; but beware how you adopt another’s jar.

See that you act in full union with each other; this is of the utmost consequence. Not only let there be no bitterness or anger but no shyness or coldness between you.
to the Preachers in America, 1775