« Home | JUNE 27Nothing but the mighty power of God can ena... » | JUNE 26You are encompassed with ten thousand merci... » | JUNE 25Beware of indulging gloomy thoughts: they a... » | JUNE 24I abhor the thought of giving to twenty men... » | JUNE 23As long as I live the people shall have no ... » | JUNE 22I must declare what I find in the Book. Jou... » | JUNE 21I have sometimes thought you are a little l... » | JUNE 20It is a stated rule in interpreting Scriptu... » | JUNE 19This is my answer to them that trouble me, ... » | JUNE 18I advise you: (1) be electrified (if need b... »


JUNE 28

I entered into my eightieth year; but, blessed be God, my time is not “labour and sorrow.” I find no more pain or bodily infirmities than at five-and-twenty.
Journal, 28th June, 1782


I this day enter on my eighty-fifth year. And what cause have I to praise God as for a thousand spiritual blessings, so for bodily blessings also! How little have I suffered yet by “the rush of numerous years.” It is true, I am not so agile as I was in times past; I do not run or walk so fast as I did. My sight is a little decayed. My left eye is grown dim and hardly serves me to read. I have daily some pain in the ball of my right eye, as also in my right temple (occasioned by a blow received some months since), and in my right shoulder and arm, which I impute partly to a sprain and partly to the rheumatism. I find likewise some decay in my memory. …
Journal, 28th June, 1788