« Home | JUNE 28I entered into my eightieth year; but, bles... » | JUNE 27Nothing but the mighty power of God can ena... » | JUNE 26You are encompassed with ten thousand merci... » | JUNE 25Beware of indulging gloomy thoughts: they a... » | JUNE 24I abhor the thought of giving to twenty men... » | JUNE 23As long as I live the people shall have no ... » | JUNE 22I must declare what I find in the Book. Jou... » | JUNE 21I have sometimes thought you are a little l... » | JUNE 20It is a stated rule in interpreting Scriptu... » | JUNE 19This is my answer to them that trouble me, ... »


JUNE 29

Keep at the utmost distance from foolish desires, from desiring any happiness but in God.
Works, xi, 462


I find no decay in my hearing, smell, taste or appetite (though I want but a third of the food I did once), nor do I feel any such thing as weariness, either in traveling or preaching. And I am not conscious of any decay in writing sermons, which I do as readily and, I believe, as correctly as ever.

To what causes can I impute this, that I am as I am? First, doubtless to the power of God, fitting me for the work to which I am called, as long as he pleases to continue me therein; and next, subordinately to this, to the prayers of His children.
Journal, 28th June, 1782