« Home | JUNE 29Keep at the utmost distance from foolish de... » | JUNE 28I entered into my eightieth year; but, bles... » | JUNE 27Nothing but the mighty power of God can ena... » | JUNE 26You are encompassed with ten thousand merci... » | JUNE 25Beware of indulging gloomy thoughts: they a... » | JUNE 24I abhor the thought of giving to twenty men... » | JUNE 23As long as I live the people shall have no ... » | JUNE 22I must declare what I find in the Book. Jou... » | JUNE 21I have sometimes thought you are a little l... » | JUNE 20It is a stated rule in interpreting Scriptu... »


JUNE 30

How soon may you hear “the voice that speaks Jehovah near!” Why shall it not be today?
Letter, 26th January, 1774


You are at present one body. You act in concert with each other and by united councils. And now is the time to consider what can be done in order to continue this union. Indeed, as long as I live there will be no great difficulty. I am, under God, a centre of union to all our travelling [sic] as well as local preachers. …

Those who desire or seek any earthly thing, whether honour, profit or ease, will not, cannot continue in the Connexion; it will not answer their design. Some of them, perhaps a fourth of the whole number, will secure preferment in the Church. Others will turn Independents, and get separate congregations.
To The Travelling [sic] Preachers, 1769